Position Summary: The Swamper is required to determine the proper placement and alignment of the pile installations, working directly with the Piling Installation Operator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate documentation of the pile installations.
- Coordination between all ground personnel and install operator.
- Assist install operator with all equipment maintenance and equipment hookups.
- Equipment spotting for install operator.
- Pin up pile to installer’s equipment.
- Visual inspect pile for defects of damage.
- Ensure proper line up and placement of piles.
- Ensure angle and offset of piles.
- Recording piling information: angle, torque, serial number, embedment.
- Maintain a high housekeeping standard.
- Maintain a high standard of safety.
- Operation of skid steer/ Loader equipment.
- Operation of HPS lease rental Truck.
- Completion of daily required paperwork
- Other assigned work as required.
- You must be physically fit and able to help move material and large objects.
- You must have good safety awareness, good communication & competent decision- making skills, and a desire to perform requested duties with a focus on safety and appropriate precautions.
- Work well with others;
- Capable of working within a fast paced environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to follow direction, remain alert, and maintain a high level of concentration;
- Have good judgement and the ability to react quickly;
- Skid Steer and/or Loader experience required;
- High school diploma.
- Construction & equipment experience (Boom Truck / Excavator) preferred
- MUST HAVE: a valid Class 5 driver’s license, own vehicle and clean drivers abstract.( MUST send copy of drivers abstract with resume)
- MUST HAVE: CSTS 09, Standard First Aid, H2S, Ground Disturbance ( MUST send copy of certificates with resume)
- Asset to have certification in: Animal/ Bear Awareness, OSSA Regional Orientation
- MUST pass a 50lb physical fitness test and a drug & alcohol test.
- MUST LIVE IN GRANDE PRAIRIE AND HAVE ALL CERTIFICATIONS LISTED ABOVE
- Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Physical labor
- Delete repeated word
- Must be willing to travel throughout Alberta and work rotations.