HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
Our mission is to provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.
Site Superintendents fall under the Projects Department within the Operations Division of the company. They report administratively to the Manager of the projects department, and when deployed to field they report to the Project Manager assigned to that project.
This position is based in the field, however in between field deployments this role may be assigned to a facility or head office. This is construction based role with hours that are irregular, flexible and on short notice and may require extended periods in the field.
The Site Superintendent is accountable for the execution of the field employees and are the representative of the company on the job site. This role ensures that all legal requirements are met, that all company policies are followed and that all client requirements are respected. The position requires the constant balance of all parties’ interests and the careful monitoring of quality, safety and production targets. This role will ensure that daily objectives are met and reported.
The Site Superintendent must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the Clients, Project Owners, and Consultants while successfully directing HPS Field Staff, and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget.
As the company evolves and the business world shifts the nature of this position will also change accordingly. This may pertain to skills, accountabilities, reporting structure, etc. This role will require the adaptability to transform into emerging areas as directed by the company needs.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Periodic reporting as directed (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Other). Examples are (but not limited to) the following:
- Daily Field reports
- Safety reports
- QA/QC reports
- Client Documents (when requested)
- Ensure that the care and maintenance of all company assets is maintained in the field
- Be the site point of contact
- Maintain and coordinate project schedule onsite
- Identify, capture and record all extra work required / requested and notify the Project Manager
- Maintain HPS projects in accordance with Government, Client, and HPS regulations, standards and procedures
- Mentor HPS staff, and assist in training and career progression
- Ability to jump into a support position if required due to unforeseen circumstances
- Ensure Commercial Inspection & Preventive Maintenance program is monitored and audited for compliance
- Abide by the HPS Carrier Safety Program, Traffic Safety Act & and all other applicable Government Legislation
- Complete a daily Job Hazard Assessment, Toolbox’s, and attend all safety meetings
- Be “Fit for Duty” including; Coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to lift 50 lbs
- Report to Dispatch / Fleet Manager with equipment requirements and forecasts of duration of resources required
- Represent HPS in a professional manner while on job sites, and act as a professional leader within the company
- Provides mentorship, management to multi disciplinary staff including but not limited to; surveyors, welders, mechanics, installers, drillers, operators and subcontractors
- Maintains strong coordination, organization, and communication skills
- Abides by all HPS policies, procedures, rules and OH&S Act, Regulation & Code
- Ensure all Field Data is reported as required
Special Requirements of the Position:
- 3-5 Years field experience in Foundation Construction
- 3 years Supervisor experience specific to Construction
- Must pass a 50lb physical fitness test and a Drug & Alcohol tests
- Interaction with Sr. Management, Employees and Clients
- Leadership for Safety Excellence
- Read and understand blueprints, drawings, structural design, and building layouts
- Good understanding of scheduling
- Experience and ability with Microsoft Office products
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with acceptable (to company policy) driving abstract
- Construction & Equipment experience preferred
- Related Certificates (PST/CSTS, First Aid, H2S, OSSA, Ground Disturbance, TDG)
- Skid Steer / Loader experience an asset
- Travel Required
- Overtime as required
- Office and Field based
- Work in hazardous environments requiring protective equipment
- Shifts may vary depending on operational requirements
- Shifts may include up to 24 days consecutive