Senior Manager - Finance
HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
To provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.
Position Summary: As an integral part of the finance team, the Senior Manager Finance will focus on mentoring the finance team and take responsibility for all deliverables of the finance team. This role is suited for a professional accountant who is also a team player with exceptional work ethics. This role reports to the CFO.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Prepare financial statements for the different businesses and also consolidated financials for the group
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process and create periodic forecasts
- Take ownership of the financial systems and prepare financial information for internal business needs and for external business partners. Develop management reports to support business monitoring and decision making
- Coordinate with the external auditors annually to provide all required information and ensure a timely completion of the audit
- Develop and maintain internal controls and procedures to provide a high degree of assurance on the accuracy and completeness of statements and reports. Maintain a high standard of documentation to satisfy business and external audit requirements
- Maintain and provide tax related information to government agencies and tax consultants on a timely basis to ensure compliance
- Mentor the finance team and implement a cross-training program
- Supervise the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and the Financial Analysis functions
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Good understanding of GAAP, cost accounting, management reporting, internal controls, external audit procedures, and tax compliance.
- 10 years experience leading a mid-size finance team
- CPA designation
- Ability to mentor and develop talent
- Ability to present financial information to operations personnel and senior executives
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous experience with ERP systems
- Experience working in the manufacturing and construction industry
- External audit experience would be beneficial
- Office environment