Senior AP Analyst
HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
Our mission is to provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.
The Position: As an integral part of the finance team, the Senior AP Analyst will focus on managing vendors for the organization. This role is suited for an experienced professional who is able to understand our business and our dependence on key suppliers but also be able to balance vendor interactions in a disciplined and firm manner. This role reports to the Senior Manager Finance.
- Negotiate with vendors on credit terms and payments
- Provide input into the cash forecast relating to future payments
- Build procedures within the procure-to-pay business process
- Process vendor invoices in the ERP system and code invoices to specific projects
- Monitor the AP ageing list and processing payments for vendors
- Reconciling vendor statements and AP ledger
- Maintain a high standard of documentation to satisfy business, tax and external audit requirements
- Participate in a cross-training program to learn new skills
- Maturity to handle difficult situations with suppliers and ability to work effectively with staff in other departments.
- 2-4 years experience in processing vendor invoices
- Business/finance degree or diploma
- Ability to build relationships and leverage them to negotiate with vendors
- Ability to remain firm and disciplined in processing payments
- Intermediary Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous experience with ERP systems
- Experience working in the manufacturing and construction industy
- External audit experience would be beneficial
- Office setting