HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
Our mission is to provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.
Position Summary: The Project Manager is involved with the bidding, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing of the project. They will communicate and liaise with Executive Staff, Purchasers, the Sales Team and the Construction Team. Furthermore, the PM leads the project team and provides detailed status reports to the client and senior management team.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Direct and manage the project team and Construction Coordinator to ensure the project objectives are achieved
- Ensures that all project quality control documents such as project quality plans, inspection and test plans (ITP), construction and commissioning binders, field QA/QC documents, Subcontractors QA/QC documents are in place, implemented, monitored and results are recorded in a timely and organized fashioned
- Ensures that all project documents are updated and available for successful project implementation.
- Works in collaboration with the Subcontractors, Client, Construction Manager, Field Coordinator, and projects team
- Completes daily and weekly reports for each project as required
- Tracks and reviews project status with key performance indicators
- Request, process, track and issue Extra Work Requests (EWR) or Change Orders
- Manages the client relationship, expectations and communications
- Request, track and communicate RFI’s
- Create and monitor the project schedule
- Regular site visits as required
- Estimates technical specifications, construction materials and any other job requirements for projects
- Reviews contracts and interprets cost impacts for the company
- Ensures construction is consistent with the work projected estimate
- Project Support Personnel
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Must possess excellent computer and software skills including MS Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.
- Have a good understanding of scheduling
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to read/understand blueprints, structural designs, building layouts, specifications
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of employees and management
- Must possess a strong code of ethics
- Must pass a Pre-Employment testing; Audio, Fit test and Drug & Alcohol test
- Prefer experience Construction with a focus on foundation work.
- Certification in Project Management (PMP)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Project Manager in the construction industry is preferred
- Office Setting
- Site Visits