Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
Our mission is to provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.
Reporting to the Manager, Field Services, the Heavy Duty Mechanic will be responsible for diagnosing and completing repairs required on HPS heavy equipment (Excavators, Digger Derrick Booms, Skid Steer, Drive Heads, and Loaders). Must have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. The position will be required to work in field and fleet shop as required. This position may require frequent travel throughout Alberta as required and must be available to travel on short notice
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that HPS equipment is maintained in a good working condition by inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and servicing the fleet in the shop or in the field. Getting quotes for parts required for repairs may be necessary at times.
- Work well with others
- Capable of working within a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow direction, remains alert and maintain a high level of concentration
- Have good judgement and the ability to react quickly
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification
- CVIP Certification
- Class 5 driver’s license; Class 1 license preferred and reliable transportation
- Experience with off road, as well as truck and transport equipment
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing a variety of Cat/JD/KW equipment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Must pass a pre-employment Drug, Alcohol, and 50lb Physical Fitness test
- May/ will be required to work in a shop and field environment out of town.