Screw Pile Installer, Fort St. John, BC/ Grande Prairie, AB
HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
To provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.
The Installer is responsible for installing piles in the field using a Digger Derek boom truck. Workers who excel at this position have a background working with hydraulic equipment and PTO’s. You will be required to drive the truck to site and install the piles as directed by the Site Superintendent or Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Swamper as a two man team to install piles as required
by the client.
- Pre-Trip inspection of truck and trailer.
- Lead preventive equipment maintenance.
- Operate equipment in safe manner.
equipment productively year-round in all types of weather and ground
- Ensure proper line up and placement of piles.
- Coordinate with Install tech for piling information: angle,
torque, serial number, and embedment.
- Maintain a high housekeeping standard.
- Maintain a high standard of safety.
- Completion of daily required paperwork
- Provide Job training and Mentoring to field staff.
Job Functions & Contributions
- Maintains strong coordination, organization, and communication skills
- Abides by all HPS policies, procedures, rules and OH&S Act, Regulation & Code
- Participate in the Commercial Inspection & Preventive Maintenance program for the equipment you operate
- Complete a daily JHA, attend all safety meetings, toolbox, driver daily logs,
- Abide by the HPS Carrier Safety Program, Traffic Safety Act & and all other applicable government Legislation
- Report into Dispatch/Field Coordinator
- Represent HPS in a professional manner while on job site
- Be “Fit for Duty” including; Coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to lift 50 lbs
Qualifications & Minimum Requirements:
school diploma or GED, or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Class 1 Drivers License and Clean Abstract
- Previous experience on a Boom truck an asset
- Previous experience working with Hydraulics an asset
- Oil and gas construction and equipmkent experience an asset
- Related certificates (PST/ CSTC, First Aid, H2S, Ground Disturbance, TDG, skid steer) an asset