The Field Welder will be certified and comply with AWS Standards and all of the requirements.
The position of Welder includes, but is not limited to production welding, service & repair welding and fitting. Responsibilities will include fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications working in a high paced manufacturing environment. The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required. This position will work with Supervisors to ensure continuous improvements in welding according to pre-set parameters using SMAW welding processes. The ability to perform random maintenance on returned products to be refurbished or re-worked to customer specifications is a must. Additionally the AWS Certified Welder will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Will verify that any drawings, weld procedures, and documentation they receive have been stamped and signed off by document control before starting any job
- Responsible to review and understand all safe job procedures, job safety analysis for his/her tasks
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprint or welding process specifications
- Skilled at using equipment such as – grinders, torches, SMAW, and wire feed welding equipment (MCAW, FCAW and GMAW)
- Splice Welding may be part of the job but requires additional certification
- Quality and consistency in their welds is a must.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Maintain safe work practices
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
- Obligation to refuse unsafe work
- Must attend, and partake in all pre-job, post job, and monthly safety meetings
- Be familiar with AWS D1.1 welding codes
- Other assigned work as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be AWS Certified
- Current TWIC card
- Basic Plus and OSHA 10 an asset
- Minimum six months experience as a Welder
- Must pass a 50lb physical fitness test and Drug & Alcohol test
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Must pass a background check
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Must be capable of working independently & or with others.
- Possibility of extensive travel throughout North America.
- Working in all weather conditions.
- Staying in camps and or hotels.
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Overhead welding in tight spaces.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must follow and support company rules and policies
- Must follow company and legislated safety rules and regulations
HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
Our mission is to provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.