Class 1 Driver
HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
Our mission is to provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.
The Position: Reporting to Freight and Logistics Manager, the Class 1 Driver will be responsible for pulling step decks and/ or ramp trailer throughout Western Canada.
- Pulling Step Decks/ Hi Boys, pipe, screw piles, steel plates, loaders, skid steers, and freight as required.
- Proficient in Load Securement, pre- and post-Trip Inspections, general maintenance and up keep of the vehicles and cargo securement devices as required.
- Must be familiar with the (NSC) National Safety Code; Weights and Dimensions.
- Must be Knowledgeable in the Federal Hours of Service regulations, maintaining log books, bill of ladings, be familiar with IFTA requirements. Perform other duties as required including various administrative tasks.
- MUST follow site safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of construction industry and National Safety Code
- MUST have WHMIS, CSTS-09, and First Aid certifications
- MUST have class 1 certification
- MUST pass pre-employment testing
- MUST provide a copy of a recent 5-year commercial drivers abstract
- Working with others in professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ Years Step Deck Experience preferably hauling pipe and or screwpiles
- 2+ Years on and off-road driving
- Must be proficient in Trip Inspections
- Must be proficient in Load Securement
- Combination trailer experience is an asset
Work is performed throughout Western Canada.
Trucking requirements can occur 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, under all weather conditions. HPS follows Cycle 1 of the Federal Hours of Service.